My Blog is One Year Old!
|clker.com free clip art|
If someone had told me one year ago today, that I would be celebrating a one year anniversary of my very own blog in a year's time, I wouldn't have believed them. But, as of this Saturday, July 30th, this will be true. I will be celebrating the one year anniversary of Debbiethisandthat.
And here is the most exciting part of the blogiversary......
It's a great feeling to know that I made the right decision to start my blog. It's also a great feeling to know that, one year later, I still take great delight in the writing, the ideas, the learning that have come over the course of this year. But, this didn't come easily to me. I must have started creating a blog two or three times before I got my courage up to just do it that Thursday last year as I sat on my couch. I was pretty well convinced that my computer would explode or that I would somehow get in over my head with computer glitches that I couldn't figure out how to solve. But.....as in most cases where we fear the worst.....none of that ever happened.
Drum roll please.........
1. Don't be afraid to try new things. And along those same lines.....
2. Don't expect perfection from the get go.
3. Learning is part of the fun!
4. Relax in front of the camera.
5. Get Mr.thisandthat to take pictures whenever possible!
6. Blogging can be a hobby and blogging can be a job, but either way.....it's a WHOLE lot of work!
7. Blogging opens doors to community and to friendships that are worth their weight in gold.
8. Bloggers are really KIND people! If you ask questions.....they will help you!
9. Don't be afraid to ask questions.
10. And.......if all else fails........get the cat to write your post for you!
I also owe a debt of gratitude to the bloggers who came before me. The folks who I have followed and enjoyed reading over the years. The folks who inspired me to become a blogger myself! Thanks to all of you! (You know who you are!!)
It seems like many of the life lessons from a year of blogging are lessons that can be applied in many aspects of life. How do I sum up the lessons in one sentence?
Sometimes, you've just gotta DO IT!
Have a great day, dear readers! And many thanks to you who have supported Debbiethisandthat from the beginning. Hope you'll leave a comment.
What has been your favorite post? What is a life lesson that you have learned? When have you tried or embraced something new?
Until Next Time,